Crypto taxes can be confusing, especially with the irregular price actions, airdrops, forks and other factors that come into play. And worst, you have terminologies,
Crypto Tax Made Simple:
You 'Cut-Your-Crypto Tax'
Legally and Accurately.
(Live Stress and
What’s Your Biggest Personal Or Business Expense?…
Most people say: “Rent” or “my mortgage,” “debt,” “my bills,” “saving for retirement,” “saving for my child’s college education,” etc.
…For most people their greatest expense in their lifetime is taxes!
- I constantly see people spend very little time on tax planning to reduce their tax liability. However, this is often the highest leverage activity to maximize personal finances and build long-term wealth.
- You probably know, small changes can make a huge difference in the amount of Crypto tax you pay each year. If you’re a Crypto investor, trader, miner, DeFi participant, there are a number of ways you can legally, ethically and safely cut-your-crypto tax.
Is Your Experience With CPAs And Accountants Like Mine?...
My name is Mark Robert Buckingham, Crypto Tax Accountant and Advisor. I currently hold the Advanced Crypto Tax Expert (ACT-E) professional designation.
Prior to my 17 years as a tax accountant (and 5 years as a Crypto tax accountant)…
…I was a CEO of a fast-growing company in the test prep industry. I too was in search of a business and personal tax accountant (or CPA).
You see, 23 years ago I discovered small changes to what I was already doing with proper tax planning could legally and ethically reduce my tax burden each year.
Why The Biggest Tax Mistake Is To Doing Your Own Accounting And Tax Returns...
- Most people are concerned about making tax mistakes (and worried about the IRS) when doing their own accounting and taxes.
- Is reading the IRS tax code at 2:30am in the morning to answer solve tax problems a good idea (for a non-tax professional)? — It might not be good if you want to avoid tax mistakes.
- Is spending 10-27 of hours each month doing your own tax and accounting work the best use of your time? — It certainly isn’t good for your stress-level or mental health. (Especially if you have more important things to do.)
- Most people want their accountant or CPA to “handle it” if there’s a Crypto tax mistake. — Especially when the “IRS has questions!”
A Common Problem With Most Accountants And CPA Firms (You Must Avoid)
The test preparation company (I managed 23 years ago) hired an accounting firm. I discovered the CPA accountant (and his staff) were cramming hundreds and hundreds of tax returns through each tax season.
Obviously, the business and individual taxpayer returns were not getting the attention they needed. (Later I found out the vast majority of tax preparers and accounting firms operate the same way!)
Is The Accounting Firm You Hire Outsourcing Your Tax Return To India?
Some CPA firms and accountants send their tax returns and bookkeeping to an outsourcing firm in India.
Has This Happened To You?...
- Notes and instructions I provided always seemed to get missed each tax season.
- I’d also notice obvious tax mistakes I’d have to address. It was frustrating.
- One year they filed my tax returns in the WRONG state (a state I last lived in 2 years prior)!
I was paying a very high price for this.
Few CPAs And Accountants Help You Tax Plan Or Reduce Your Taxes
The CPA never helped me do tax planning or apply legal strategies to reduce my taxes…
…Wasn’t that what I was paying him to do?
My Promise To You...
My Mission Statement And Purpose
You see, I’m completely aware of common annoyances and frustrations in working with CPAs and tax accountants, so I make sure your experience is different!
- You get personalized, focused attention on all your tax matters (as my client). — I ensure nothing is missed.
- YOU quickly achieve the specific ‘Crypto Financial Success RESULTS’ you want. – (I’m here to assist you all 12 months of the year.)
- If you experienced poor service, hassles, tax return mistakes and poor personality of a former tax preparer, you deserve much better!
You Can Cut-Your-Crypto Tax
- You get all legal Crypto loopholes you qualify for per IRS tax code. — I identify all legal deductions and tax breaks that apply to your circumstances. I use 100% legally allowed strategies to cut-your-crypto tax.
- Your tax returns and accounting will be 100% accurate and correctly done! (I take the extra time to go through your situation and tax return with a “fine toothed comb.” I do 2nd and 3rd “comprehensive quality checks.” — You’re 100% guaranteed no errors of any kind!
Does Your Tax Accountant Help You Reduce Your Taxes?...
...Or Just A Historian Telling You What Already Happened (At Tax Time, When It's Too Late)?
- My CPA or Tax Preparer doesn’t help me reduce my Crypto or other taxes.
- I feel I’m probably paying more than my fair share and am leaving tax savings on the table.
- Avoid flimsy do-it-yourself attempts to apply tax strategies that may or may not be up-to-date (or even legal anymore).
- Stir-clear of having your “self-applied” tax saving strategy ripped apart by the IRS due to an incomplete understanding of the tax code.
- Paying thousands of dollars in fines and penalties will leave you worse off than when you started. It certainly is a lot more costly on your mental, physical and financial than just hiring a Crypto tax pro to assist you.
- At tax time, it’s often too late to reduce your taxes. — It’s all only historical financial reporting at that point. (The year passed!) ‘Proactive tax planning’ with a tax professional is often 5-10 times more effective than trying to save in taxes at tax time!
- Your Crypto tax accountant Mark Buckingham holds the Advanced Crypto Tax Expert (ACT-E) professional tax and accounting designation.
- You can get “proactive Crypto tax planning” services. We’ll explore tax reduction opportunities in the tax code that apply your situation and circumstances. Then I help you implement the plan and stay in compliance. (Your plan, strategy will be “air tight’ so it does NOT get disqualified by the IRS later.) — I help you stay in compliance with IRS rules and procedures 12 months per year!
- Plus, you get easy and regular access to our Crypto tax accountants and CPAS to address any tax questions or concerns you may have (each month) over the tax year.
- You build ‘tax-efficient’ Crypto wealth 12 months per year on a consulting and coaching basis. (You will NOT wait until tax time when it’s too late to do any tax reduction planning/strategy).
This is one way we help you cut-your-crypto tax.
Crypto Taxation Is Murky, Has Gray Areas And Can Be Confusing
- I’m confused on murky and gray areas in the Crypto tax code as it pertains to my situation and capital gains tax.
- I’m not confident what deductions and tax breaks I can take. I don’t want to get in trouble. However, I want to pay more tax than I really owe.
- All Crypto tax decisions must meet “Reasonable Basis” and “Substantial Authority” standards or the IRS could mark your tax return “frivolous” or “fraudulent.”
- Don’t take chances. By working with a Crypto accountant or CPA specialized in Crypto taxation, you’ll save massive time and take this stress out of your life.
- Your entire situation and tax return will go through a 73-point check. This makes sure you’re NOT leaving any tax deductions or tax breaks on the table.
- If you do not want to read and study Cryptocurrency tax law and tax code for 110-170 hours per year (like we do) and take graduate school tax and accounting courses, hire a Crypto tax accountant to ELIMINATE-this-hassle.
You sleep well at night. You might even save a chunk in taxes each year.
Eliminate Crypto Tax Mistakes And Sleep Well At Night
- I’m worried about making Crypto tax mistakes and creating headaches like audits, big fines, penalties and interest.
- My previous accountant missed my special notes/instructions. Luckily, I caught the oversight. I don’t want to deal with that again. It’s so frustrating.
- There are many Crypto tax mistakes made my individuals doing their own tax work. — Even professional tax preparers and CPAs who NOT specialized in Crypto taxation regularly make tax errors!
- There’s a lot of room for errors in applying the IRS tax code to your situation and completing an accurate tax return. Just the Crypto accounting could easily get messed up and result in paying more crypto taxes than you really owe.
- You can stir-clear of tax mistakes caused by “do-it-yourself” tax decisions.
- Take anxiety off your plate. — Delegate and outsource your tax problems to me…so you can stop worrying!
- Achieve ‘peace of mind‘ by getting your Crypto tax accounting and taxes “airtight” (so you prevail in the event of an audit). — Use a highly competent Crypto tax accountant to handle it all for you
Does Your Accountant Have Expertise Or Specialize In Cryptocurrency?
My previous/current accountant didn’t seem too experienced or knowledgeable about Cryptocurrency. I’m concerned there could be tax mistakes or I paid more tax on my Crypto than I should have.
- 5 years ago, I discovered most CPAs and accountants have little or no knowledge of Crypto taxation and accounting (i.e. how to accurately complete a virtual currency tax return nor how to help you cut-your-crypto tax).
- Don’t take chances with a generalist CPA or tax preparer.
- Have doubts about your former tax preparer?
I will do an in-depth review of your previous tax returns for errors. I’ll do a detailed analysis to make sure you didn’t pay more than you owed. I will also review your crypto accounting and tax returns to see if you’re due any tax credits or refunds (legally and correctly).
- Your tax return, Crypto activities and personal circumstances (at Results Tax Accountants) are put through a 73-point check to make sure you’re NOT leaving any tax deductions, tax credits or tax breaks on the table.
- Each week I spot screaming Crypto tax errors from client’s previous CPA we have to amend to avoid potential IRS problems.
- We’ve been helping Crypto clients for over 5 years in Crypto (and over 17 years in personal and business taxation). I’ll be happy to see if we’re a good fit for you.
Just schedule appointment for a brief chat.
(It’s quick, friendly and no stress!)
Don't Settle For Your Typical Accountant
- Does your current accountant or CPA operate their firm like a mass production tax return factory? (Trying to cram in hundreds or even thousands of tax returns?)…
…Then little time for you (or your tax return)?
—That can cost you big time!
- Do you ONLY get minimal essentials done (to keep the IRS satisfied)…but you likely leave a lot of tax savings behind?
- 5 years ago, I discovered most generalist CPAs and accountants have little or no knowledge of Crypto taxation. (That is, they may not have the knowledge to accurately complete a virtual currency tax return and/or how to help you cut-your-crypto tax).
I’m NOT trying to cram in hundreds of tax returns each season because:
1.) We take much less clients/much less ‘tax return only clients’ and
2.) Our main business activity is Crypto tax consulting and tax reduction planning. (NOT just tax returns.)
Get 'Airtight' Crypto Transaction Accounting - That Stands Up To An Audit
- I have thousands of Crypto transactions. Now I’m a stuck trying to get my crypto activity in order to prepare my tax return.
- The Crypto software I have is tedious, has aggravating bugs and incompatibility issues.
- Last year I tried using a bookkeeper to help with my crypto accounting. I also needed to find a tax preparer. Both had to clumsily communicate ‘back and forth.’ (I was in the middle juggling multiple people just to get my taxes done.) It quickly became an awkward and time-draining process. (Neither the tax preparer or the bookeeper were very good at crypto tax accounting or taxation.)
- Reconciling these transactions can be mind-boggling even for a university-trained accountant with many years of experience.
- If you do not want to be up at 2:30am figuring-out why the software is full of glitches that require awkward workarounds, spreadsheet gymnastics only to discover it’s incompatible with various exchanges and crypto types, we can do it all for you.
- We have years of experience in crypto tax accounting. We have years of education and training in professional accounting. Therefore, you do NOT need to ‘reinvent the wheel.’ You do NOT need to lose your sanity, evenings and weekends doing it yourself. —Let me take this ‘take this off your plate,’ so you can stay on top of the work you like and that you do best.
Just ask. (I’m here to help you!)
You Can't Build 'Tax Efficient Wealth' If You Spend 80-170 Hours Per Year Doing This All Yourself
- You achieve ‘peace of mind’ and sleep well at night.
- You have a team of seasoned, highly competent and specialized Crypto tax accountants and CPAs.
- You will get it ALL done for you ‘under one roof’ (and done right) — So you do NOT have to do-it-yourself (or hire multiple people).
- My one-on-one Crypto tax help frees up your time. Stay focused on what you’re good at. (And I’ll solve your Crypto tax and accounting headaches!)
- You can’t build tax efficient wealth if you spend 20-170 hours per year figuring all this out yourself. — Then explaining it to the IRS or state tax dept if they have questions!
What Results Tax Accountants Clients Are Saying...
Get 'Highly Specialized,' One-On-One Crypto Tax Help Now
Save a HUGE amount of Time and potentially Cut-Your-Crypto Tax now!
You'll Miss Crypto Tax Savings and Peace of Mind
Deadlines are everywhere for tax strategies and tax savings. You deserve drop anxiety, frustration and mind-numbing hassle of virtual currency transaction accounting and being in tax compliance with the IRS and your state tax dept.
Cryptocurrency trading is a complex and often confusing activity. As the value of cryptocurrency continues to rise, more investors are turning to crypto as an
As of 2022, 21% of American adults have owned cryptocurrency. It’s become so big, you can hear whispers of “Bitcoin” and “mining” from people far